South Korean military claims missile fired from the North’s Mupyong-ri in Jagang Province eastward
SEOUL, Sep 28 (Asia Free Press): South Korean military on Tuesday claimed that North Korea tested another short-range missile into east sea.
In a statement, the South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said that the missile was fired from the North’s Mupyong-ri in Jagang Province eastward at around 6:40 a.m., Yonhap News Agency reported.
However, the nature of the latest test was not confirmed that it was a ballistic missile, but Japanese media said that the fired appeared to be a ballistic missile.
If its confirmed this will be the second ballistic missile test by North Korea in this month.
The launch came three days after Kim Yo-jong, sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, said that Pyongyang could declare a formal end to the Korean War as suggested by the South and even discuss the possibility of a summit on conditions that Seoul drops its double standards and hostile attitudes against it.
Meanwhile, high security officials of South Korea met soon after the latest test in the president house and voiced regret over Pyongyang latest move.
“(The NSC members) decided to cooperate with related countries, especially the United States, while closely monitoring North Korea’s future movements,” the country’s presidential office said in a statement.
The sudden escalation comes as the already fraught relations between Seoul and Pyongyang have been further strained by last month’s joint military drills by the US and South Korea.
Leave a Reply