Islamabad, Nov 8, (Asia Free Press): Pakistan’s Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry announced on Monday that a complete ceasefire had been agreed upon by the government and the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), according to state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
In a video statement today, Chaudhry says the talks with the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan will take place in accordance with the constitution and the law.
He further said, no government can undertake any negotiations beyond the limits of the Constitution and law. He said both the government and the banned TTP have agreed on a complete ceasefire as per understanding.
“The sovereignty of the state, security, peace in the affected areas, social and economic stability will be kept in view during the talks. The affected people of these areas will never be ignored and local people will be taken into confidence in these talks,” he added.
The Minister said the ceasefire will be extended in view of the progress in talks. He said it is a welcoming sign that the affected areas of the country are now heading toward the complete peace after a long time. He said Afghan interim government has played a facilitative role in these talks.
Fawad Chaudhry made it clear that the negotiations with the banned TTP Pakistan were started in line with Prime Minister Imran Khan’s announcement in an interview last month.