SRINAGAR, Nov 18 (Asia Free Press): The Indian troops have killed five more innocent Kashmiri in past 24 hours in Indian occupied Kashmir.
On Wednesday, the Indian security forces targeted five local Kashmiris in so-called cordon and search operation after killing of four young Kashmiri including a well-known businessman on Monday.
Local police said security forces had also killed two persons suspected of helping the armed fighters, but relatives rejected their claim and said the slain were innocent and held a candle-light protest in Kashmir’s main city, Srinagar.
Kashmir Police Chief Vijay Kumar while confirming the killing of five more people, said that they were militants and believed to belong to a local group —- The Resistance Front (TRF), which claimed recent killings in the occupied territory —- had been killed on Wednesday in two gun battles in the Kulgam district of South Kashmir.
He said two other suspected armed rebels and two civilians believed to have assisted them had been killed in a shootout in Srinagar.
The families of the two victims rejected police chief claim and said they had no links with armed fighters.
The police also buried the slain at unknown locations and refused to handed over the bodies to their families.
Since Oct. 1st, this year occupied forces killed 30 people in extra-judicial killing in the valley.
While, the Indian forces killed over 100,000 innocent people since 1990, in the only Muslim majority region.
Meanwhile, All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC) has called for a shutdown in Kashmir on Friday against the civilian killings in Srinagar.
In a statement APHC while terming the Srinagar gunfight as staged encounter and said that the tragedy that has struck the families of the innocent civilians, who killed by Indian forces, is so tormenting that its pain has stunned the people of Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir administration on Thursday ordered magisterial inquiry by additional district magistrate into the “gunfight” at Hyderpora in which four persons were killed on Monday.
“A magisterial inquiry by officer of ADM rank has been ordered in Hyderpora encounter,” Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha said in a tweet.
The National Conference President and Member of Parliament Dr Farooq Abdullah today made a telephonic call to Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha and reiterated his demand for impartial, time bound inquiry into the Hyderpora military operation and return of bodies to their kin for last rites.
“Apprehensions have been raised by the victims’ families on the veracity of claims made by police and its investigative agencies. It is therefore incumbent upon the J&K administration to ensure that there was no foul play involved and ensure that the bereaved families’ version is heard and respected,” he added.
Pakistan condemns extra-judicial killing in Kashmir
Pakistan has strongly condemned the extra-judicial killing of more five Kashmiris by Indian occupation forces in Kulgam area of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJK) on Wednesday.
In a statement, the foreign ministry said that occupied forces have killed at least 30 Kashmiris in fake encounters or so called “cordon and search operations” since October 1, 2021.
“The killing spree of innocent Kashmiris perpetuated by Indian occupation forces continues with shameless impunity. It further exposes the unspeakable violence being perpetrated by the “Hindutva” inspired extremist BJP-RSS combine that has turned IIOJK into an inferno where no one, not even innocent civilians, professionals, women, children and elderly are safe from the state-terrorism of the occupation forces,” said the foreign ministry.
The ministry also condemned the inhuman and callous practice of the Indian occupation forces of not handing over the mortal remains of the martyred Kashmiris to their families in many instances.
“ Usurping the fundamental rights of Kashmiri families by denying them the right of proper burial of martyrs further exposes the current Indian government’s moral bankruptcy.”
“The killings of Kashmiri civilians by Indian occupation forces also vindicates the irrefutable facts provided by Pakistan recently in a comprehensive dossier exposing human rights violations and war crimes committed by Indian occupation forces in IIOJK,” it’s added.
Islamabad also called on the international community for immediate action against India and said world community should make India accountable for the human rights violation in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.