ISLAMABAD, Sep 26, (Asia Free Press): Pakistani officials on Saturday claimed that the suicide bombing which was carried out last month on Chinese nationals in Gawadar, southwestern Balochistan, was planned in Iran.
In a statement, the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of Balochistan, said they arrested the facilitators who brought the bomber and facilitated him.
“An arrested terrorist disclosed that Rasool Bux, a resident of Sheeran Chahbahar area of Iran, is the mastermind of the attack,” the CTD said.
“The arrested terrorist, Arif son of Dur Muhammad alias Durra, disclosed that his brother Ahmed had transported the suicide bomber from Ramin area of Iran. He [Arif] had received the suicide bomber on his arrival on August 11 and provided a place for him to stay near [the] Customs Warehouse in Gwadar,” the CTD added.
On Tuesday the CTD Balochistan on the credible information of presence of a terrorist in Turbat bazar launched an operation during which a terrorist belonging to Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) was arrested.
According to CTD, during the interrogation the terrorist disclosed being part of the facilitation network of Gwadar suicide blast that took four lives of innocent children while one Chinese national was also injured in the attack.
Upon his disclosure, the CTD alongwith other law enforcement agencies carried out raids at multiple places which led to the arrests of two more members of the group and recoveries which include; Explosive material, 1xHand Grenade, 2 detonators, 2 prima cords, it added.