• English
    • en_GBEnglish (UK)
    • en_USEnglish (United States)
28 °c
26 ° Tue
26 ° Wed
26 ° Thu
26 ° Fri
Sunday, November 30, 2025
Asiafreepress
  • Home
    • Latest
  • World
  • Asia
    • China
    • Pakistan
    • Afghanistan
    • India
    • Central Asia
  • News
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Law
  • Business
  • Review
    • Editorial
    • Analysis
    • Perspective
    • Literature
  • Science & Tech
  • Entertainment
    • Showbiz
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Multimedia
Breaking News
Pakistan, Bahrain to form teams for finance, commerce collaborationKhurram Parvez: The Human Rights Defender India Fears MostWhen Accountability Threatens Power: How States Subvert the UN’s Human Rights SystemBrazil’s Bolsonaro begins 27-year jail term for coup bidTrump leaves door open to talks with Venezuela’s Maduro amid US military buildup
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Latest
  • World
  • Asia
    • China
    • Pakistan
    • Afghanistan
    • India
    • Central Asia
  • News
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Law
  • Business
  • Review
    • Editorial
    • Analysis
    • Perspective
    • Literature
  • Science & Tech
  • Entertainment
    • Showbiz
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Multimedia
No Result
View All Result
Asiafreepress
No Result
View All Result
Home Asia

Indonesia school collapse toll hits 67 as search ends

AFP News Agency by AFP News Agency
October 7, 2025
in Asia, Latest
0
Indonesia school collapse toll hits 67 as search ends
0
SHARES
13
VIEWS

Sidoarjo (Indonesia) (AFP) – The search for victims of last week’s Indonesian school collapse ended on Tuesday with the death toll climbing to 67, an official said.

Part of the multi-storey Islamic boarding school on Indonesia’s Java island caved in on September 29 as more than 170 students gathered for afternoon prayers.

“Entering the 9th day, we have concluded the search and rescue operation for the victims,” head of the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas), Mohammad Syafii, told a press conference.

The agency’s operations director, Yudhi Bramantyo, said rescuers on Tuesday cleared all the rubble at the collapse site, scoured the area, and concluded it was very unlikely they would find more bodies.

“The total number of victims evacuated is 171, with 67 people dead, including eight body parts, and 104 people survived,” Yudhi told a press conference.

Budi Irawan, the deputy head of the national disaster agency (BNPB), said it is “very unlikely there are still bodies there.”

Only 17 bodies have been identified so far, according to the police’s Disaster Victim Identification unit.

The collapse was Indonesia’s deadliest disaster so far this year, according to the National Disaster Agency (BNPB).

Investigators have been examining the cause of the collapse, but initial indications suggest that substandard construction may have contributed to the incident, according to experts.

The families of the missing agreed last Thursday for heavy equipment to be used, after the 72-hour “golden period” for the best chance of survival came to an end. Lax construction standards have raised widespread concerns about building safety in Indonesia.

At least three people were killed and dozens were injured in September when a building hosting a prayer recital collapsed in West Java.

Previous Post

Pakistan, Malaysia agree to explore avenues for investment, joint ventures

Next Post

Labuschagne out as Renshaw returns to Australia squad for India ODIs

AFP News Agency

AFP News Agency

Next Post
Labuschagne out as Renshaw returns to Australia squad for India ODIs

Labuschagne out as Renshaw returns to Australia squad for India ODIs

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected test

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Heroic Tale of a Pakistani SULTAN in 1971 War

Heroic Tale of a Pakistani SULTAN in 1971 War

December 1, 2021
Jammu Genocide: Forgotten human carnage of disputed region

Jammu Genocide: Forgotten human carnage of disputed region

November 6, 2021
Indian forces kill under trial inmate in staged encounter in Kashmir

Indian forces kill under trial inmate in staged encounter in Kashmir

October 26, 2021
Peace, development make way to Xinjiang. Experts reject US allegations of genocide in Xinjiang China

Peace, development make way to Xinjiang. Experts reject US allegations of genocide in Xinjiang China

November 26, 2021
Jammu Genocide: Forgotten human carnage of disputed region

Jammu Genocide: Forgotten human carnage of disputed region

4
Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over killing of Muslims  in Assam

Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over killing of Muslims in Assam

4
India’s senior army officer booked on rape charges

India’s senior army officer booked on rape charges

3
Peace, development make way to Xinjiang. Experts reject US allegations of genocide in Xinjiang China

Peace, development make way to Xinjiang. Experts reject US allegations of genocide in Xinjiang China

3
Pakistan, Bahrain to form teams for finance, commerce collaboration

Pakistan, Bahrain to form teams for finance, commerce collaboration

November 27, 2025
Khurram Parvez: The Human Rights Defender India Fears Most

Khurram Parvez: The Human Rights Defender India Fears Most

November 27, 2025
When Accountability Threatens Power: How States Subvert the UN’s Human Rights System

When Accountability Threatens Power: How States Subvert the UN’s Human Rights System

November 26, 2025
Brazil’s Bolsonaro begins 27-year jail term for coup bid

Brazil’s Bolsonaro begins 27-year jail term for coup bid

November 26, 2025

Recent News

Pakistan, Bahrain to form teams for finance, commerce collaboration

Pakistan, Bahrain to form teams for finance, commerce collaboration

November 27, 2025
Khurram Parvez: The Human Rights Defender India Fears Most

Khurram Parvez: The Human Rights Defender India Fears Most

November 27, 2025
When Accountability Threatens Power: How States Subvert the UN’s Human Rights System

When Accountability Threatens Power: How States Subvert the UN’s Human Rights System

November 26, 2025
Brazil’s Bolsonaro begins 27-year jail term for coup bid

Brazil’s Bolsonaro begins 27-year jail term for coup bid

November 26, 2025
Asiafreepress

Follow Asia Free Press (AFP) on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Youtube and Instagram for the latest news from China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Kashmir and across Asia.

Follow Us

Photo Gallery

Quick Links

  • Submission Guidelines
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact Us

Stay in Touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers, and special announcements.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
    • Latest
  • World
  • Asia
    • China
    • Pakistan
    • Afghanistan
    • India
    • Central Asia
  • News
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Law
  • Business
  • Review
    • Editorial
    • Analysis
    • Perspective
    • Literature
  • Science & Tech
  • Entertainment
    • Showbiz
    • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Multimedia

en_GBEnglish (UK)
en_USEnglish (United States) en_GBEnglish (UK)